THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU ( PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION )
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Pursuant to the PDPL, the categories of Personal Data about you that we Process are as follows:
- Information about your use of our App;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with or submitting information and documents to our App; - Information about communications carried out through this App;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our App services and accessing information which includes but is not limited to, full name, phone number, email address, messages, images;
- Any other information that you send to Gosaibi Travel;
- Identity Data, including first name, maiden name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, nationality, place of residence, company, and position;
- Travel related data including copies of valid passport, visa, travel insurance, frequent flyer card numbers, hotel loyalty card/program details, e-Ticket copies,
- Emergency contact Data, including email address, mailing address and telephone;
- Technical Data, including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage Data, including information about how you use our website, products, and services; or
- Marketing and Communications Data, including your preferences in receiving email communications from us (ex. newsletter, event announcements, industry insights, etc.) and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your general personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by online form, email, post, phone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for our services;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Request marketing information to be sent to you;
- Enter a survey; or
- Give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our App, Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
Precise location in background.
The app collects location data to display the real-time risk alerts and personalized assistance notification features, even when the app is closed and not in use. This option can be changed later by going to the device settings.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties, and public sources as set out below. Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google Analytics;
- Advertising networks such as Google & Facebook advertising networks; and
- Search information providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ( USING PERSONAL INFORMATION )
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Administer this App (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data);
- Personalize the App for you;
- Enable your access to and use of the App services;
- Supply services that you subscribe to, such as newsletters, industry insights, and event announcements;
- Perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, and in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- Send you marketing communications.
Where Gosaibi Travel discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent and opt out to marketing communications at any time by contacting us.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. Also, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.Gosaibi Travel will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Subject to the PDPL, you may have a number of rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data, including:
- The right to request access to your Personal Data, together with information regarding the nature, Processing and disclosure of your Personal Data;
- The right to request rectification of any errors in your Personal Data;
- The right to request, on legitimate grounds: 1. erasure of your Personal Data; or 2. restriction of Processing of your Personal Data; and
- Where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Subject to the PDPL, you may also have the following additional rights regarding the Processing of your Personal Data:
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf; and
- The right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf for direct marketing purposes.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Contact Us section below.
We may Process your Personal Data to contact you so that we can provide you with information on our products and services that may be of interest.If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us you can opt out at any time by contacting your regular Gosaibi Travel contact. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further promotional text messages, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any services you have requested. We may ask you to confirm or update your choices, if you take out any new products or services with us in future. We will also ask you to do this if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business. As Gosaibi Travel continues to update and improve its internal processes, systems and controls, we may notify you in the future about the best way for you to update your Personal Data and your preferences.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the processing of Personal Data, please contact your regular Gosaibi Travel client service contact, or:
- Algosaibi Travel Agency S.P.C
- Office 103, Building 128, Road 383, Government Avenue, PO Box 540, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Authority An independent public authority established under the provisions of the PDPL that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with the PDPL.
Data Processor Any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Protection Controller (other than employees of the Data Manager or Data Protection Controller).
Device Data Includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identified (e.g. your device's IMEI number, MAC address of your Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile number used by your Device, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, from the following parties: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers.
Location Data Includes your current location disclosed by GPS technology.
Personal Data Information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is identifiable.
Process or Processed or Processing Anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, classification, storage, modification, alteration, retrieval, use or disclosure by transmission, publishing, transferring, dissemination or otherwise making available to third parties, merging, blocking, wiping, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Sensitive Personal Data Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under applicable law.
includes details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.